Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by David Nuescheler <da...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/04 15:15:45 UTC

adding java-doc of jcr.jar into the "API Documentation"

hi guys,

i think that a lot of people are confused because the
link "API Documentation" presents them with
http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/apidocs/index.html
which contains a lot of quite useless implementation
detail, rather than the public api that they should use.

Therefore i would suggest that we put the java-doc of
the jcr.jar there plus the extensions that make sense for
a repository user.

As a mechanism i would suggest that we (day) provides
the source of the jcr.jar in something like a jcr-x.xx-src.jar
which is then used by maven to generate the java-doc.

comments?

regards,
david
standardize your content-repository !