Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Joan Montané <jo...@montane.cat> on 2014/04/29 23:43:06 UTC

Catalan (ca) translation

I am pleased to announce that the Catalan (ca) [1] translation is completed to
100%

Now, I've few questions.

In Catalan (ca) project [1], there are few folders with a red rounded
warning icon. What does these icons mean? I've cleared suggestions and
critical detected errors. Any hint?

How can I submit Catalan dictionaries (spelling, hyphenation and thesaurus)
to be bundled with AOO installer? Which licences are valid for bundled
dictionaries in AOO?

Can we bundle several spelling dictionaries in the Catalan-ca
language-pack/installer? Read bundling Catalan, English, German, Spanish,
French, Occitan and Basque dictionaries.

Yours,
Joan Montané

[1] https://translate.apache.org/ca/aoo40/

Re: Catalan (ca) translation

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 30/04/2014 Pau Iranzo wrote:
> Just FYI, Catalan (Valencia AVL) interface is also completed.
> https://translate.apache.org/ca_XV/aoo40/

Thanks, that was very fast too!

I see that there are still a few dozen strings marked as "suggestions",
you should have all privileges to review/approve them, please let us
know if you don't.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Catalan (ca) translation

Posted by Pau Iranzo <pa...@gmail.com>.
Just FYI, Catalan (Valencia AVL) interface is also completed.
https://translate.apache.org/ca_XV/aoo40/

We'll also proceed in the same way regarding dictionaries.

Regards,
Pau

Re: Catalan (ca) translation

Posted by Joan Montané <jo...@montane.cat>.

> In Catalan (ca) project [1], there are few folders with a red rounded
>> warning icon. What does these icons mean? I've cleared suggestions and
>> critical detected errors. Any hint?
>>

> I can see them too. For example
> https://translate.apache.org/ca/aoo40/sd/source/
> has one exclamation mark. Our Pootle installation does not have a 100%
> correct behavior at times. Caching may be the issue here.

Ok, I will skip these warnings. I hope the files will be fine.

>  How can I submit Catalan dictionaries (spelling, hyphenation and
>> thesaurus)
>> to be bundled with AOO installer? Which licences are valid for bundled
>> dictionaries in AOO?
>>

> Anything that is hosted on http://extensions.openoffice.org (i.e., file
> must be uploaded there; this is a build requirement, since we want the
> build process to only depend on sites that are under control of the
> project) will work. Most open source licenses including the GPL, LGPL, MPL
> and of course the Apache License are OK.

Good to know about uploading to Sourceforge servers requirement. I'm
dealing with a problem about forbidden chars for identiffiers in AOO
extensions website.

Regards,
Joan Montané

Re: Catalan (ca) translation