Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andy <an...@yahoo.com> on 2011/01/17 22:37:41 UTC

Does field collapsing (with facet) reduce performance?

Just wanted to know how efficient field collapsing is. And if there is a performance penalty, how big is it likely to be?

I'm interested in using field collapsing with faceting.

Thanks.

Re: Does field collapsing (with facet) reduce performance?

Posted by Andy <an...@yahoo.com>.
I understand that the specific figures differ for everybody.

I just wanted to see if anyone who has used this feature could share their experience. A ballpark figure -- e.g. 50% slowdown or 10 times slower -- would be helpful.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.