Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Karan Kamatgi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/03 17:22:46 UTC

Database deployment issues with Anisble on centos

Hello Team,
 We are trying to deploy airavata on the jetsream instance to add loglines
for profiling.
But we are facing issues with ansible script. Any help would be appreciated.

Below is the error message,

TASK [database : Adds Python MySQL support on RedHat/CentOS]
*******************
fatal: [centos@149.165.169.159]: FAILED! => {"changed": true, "failed":
true, "msg": "You need to be root to perform this command.\n", "rc": 1,
"results": ["Loaded plugins: fastestmirror\n"]}

Even though we added airavata as root user, it still throws permission
denied error.

Best Regards,
Karan

Re: Database deployment issues with Anisble on centos

Posted by DImuthu Upeksha <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karan,

Usually, in jetstream, centos user is the admin user. So you have first
login to centos user and then become root. Can you login to
centos@149.165.169.159 from your terminal? And please send the content of
airavata/dev-tools/ansible/inventories/<inventory-name>/hosts file.

Thanks
Dimuthu

Posted by Eroma Abeysinghe <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karan,