Posted to users@camel.apache.org by WEIQUAN YUAN <we...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/08 03:56:26 UTC

Camel JDBC or SQL component vs SpringJDBCTemplate

Just wondering what is the implementation behind the camel jdbc or sql
component, how is the performance compared to springJDBCTemplate?

Thanks
--
Weiquan Yuan

Re: Camel JDBC or SQL component vs SpringJDBCTemplate

Posted by Jeremy Ross <je...@gmail.com>.
The SQL component is backed by spring-jdbc, and I believe it uses
JdbcTemplate extensively under the hood. I haven't compared performance of
SQL vs JDBC components, but a further benefit of the SQL component is that
it can be used in Camel's transaction support.