Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Robert Upshall <ru...@psasoft.com> on 2004/07/29 17:05:43 UTC

not parsing properties file

I have 2 systems, both running the same test app with same test
properties.  One system works as expected but the other detects the
correct log4j.properties but doesn't parse it.

Here is the debug output from the failing system:

 > java testlog
   log4j: Trying to find [log4j.xml] using context classloader
sun.misc.Launcher
   $AppClassLoader@7ee12106.
   log4j: Trying to find [log4j.xml] using
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@7ee1
   2106 class loader.
   log4j: Trying to find [log4j.xml] using
ClassLoader.getSystemResource().
   log4j: Trying to find [log4j.properties] using context classloader
sun.misc.L
   auncher$AppClassLoader@7ee12106.
   log4j: Using URL [file:/home/ru/log4j.properties] for automatic log4j
configu
   ration.
   log4j: Reading configuration from URL file:/home/ru/log4j.properties
   log4j: Could not find root logger information. Is this OK?
   log4j: Finished configuring.
   log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (testlog).

$

I have attached the lo4j.properties and the source for the test app,
does this make sense to anybody?