Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by anish <an...@enventureonline.com> on 2004/06/04 15:25:15 UTC

Tomcat-5.0.24+memory leaking

Hi all,
      I am using jakarta-tomcat-5.0.24. my application loads lot of library from a third party. and when it set cookie and forward the request to some other page, application got killed. no problem with the tomcat server. if remove all cookies, then application will run. then when i set cookie and transfer request, the same problm occurs and it continues.
       there is no problem with the old version of tomcat, 3.2.4. is this the prob with memory leak of tomcat? please guide me to solve this issue.

Thanks and regards..
Anish kumar.G..

Re: Tomcat-5.0.24+memory leaking

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@jboss.org>.
James Sherwood wrote:
> Im not sure if this could be the problem or not, but it sounds like it may
> be a session problem as it has to do with cookies etc.
>
> When we upgraded to tomcat 5.0.24 our sessions went funny(too much to
> explain)
>
> When tomcat 5.0.25 came out one of the fixes had a session fix in it.
>
> We upgraded to 5.0.25 and it fixed the problem.
>
> Like I say, I dont know exactly what your problem is but it sounds like it
> may have to do with sessions.

There was a hotfix about that bug (which I caused when optimizing cookie
processing).

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat