Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Florian Müller <fl...@alfresco.com> on 2011/03/05 16:11:16 UTC

Adding two more getObject() methods

Hi,

Would anybody object if we would introduce two more convenience methods
to the OpenCMIS Session interface?

We have those two:

CmisObject getObject(ObjectId objectId);
CmisObject getObject(ObjectId objectId, OperationContext context);

And I would like to add these two:

CmisObject getObject(String objectId);
CmisObject getObject(String objectId, OperationContext context);

That would be a shortcut for some applications that already have the
object id as a string. There is actually no need to create an ObjectId
object.

Thanks,

Florian

Re: Adding two more getObject() methods

Posted by Rich McKnight <ri...@alfresco.com>.
+1

Stephan Klevenz <st...@klaeff.eu> wrote:

+1 Am 05.03.2011 um 18:41 schrieb Florent Guillaume: > That would be useful, yes. > > Florent > > On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Florian Müller > <fl...@alfresco.com> wrote: >> Hi, >> >> Would anybody object if we would introduce two more convenience methods to >> the OpenCMIS Session interface? >> >> We have those two: >> >> CmisObject getObject(ObjectId objectId); >> CmisObject getObject(ObjectId objectId, OperationContext context); >> >> >> And I would like to add these two: >> >> CmisObject getObject(String objectId); >> CmisObject getObject(String objectId, OperationContext context); >> >> >> That would be a shortcut for some applications that already have the object >> id as a string. There is actually no need to create an ObjectId object. >> >> >> Thanks, >> >> Florian >> > > > > -- > Florent Guillaume, Director of R&D, Nuxeo > Open Source, Java EE based, Enterprise Content Management (ECM) > http://www.nuxeo.com http://www.nuxeo.org +33 1 40 33 79 87

Re: Adding two more getObject() methods

Posted by Stephan Klevenz <st...@klaeff.eu>.
+1

Posted by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com>.