Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/29 07:34:29 UTC

M1-Release

Hi guys;

I will create M1-Release bundle this evening and start a [VOTE] at Friday. Please do not commit big changes to the trunk.

Thanks;

/Gurkan

Re: M1-Release

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
>>KM:You'll need a gpg.passphrase. Perhaps you deleted to keep it secret in your email... Not that it's causing the problem.

I setup this in settings.xml.

>>KM:However, if it does occur, you need to clean it up. Otherwise, we start to pre-release artifacts.
>>KM:Last
night, I went into m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
(/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/openwebbeans
on people.apache.org)
and >>KM:deleted everything in org/apache/openwebbeans. Unfortunately, looks
like the rsync chron job ran before I got to them... FYI, the rsync
runs once a night (it >>KM:completed >>about 16 minutes after you sent your
email). Pre-releasing artifacts is something we definitely want to
avoid (not the first time, or the last time, that this >>KM:has happened,
>>though).

How to remove this repository from the maven settings? I think, this respository is set by the maven as a default. Otherwise I can do the same mistake unwillingly.
Maybe the problem is in <distributionManagement> section. Currently it contains the site-url. To upload artifacts to my local staging repo, do I have to specify the <repository> in this section?

In the mean time, we will look into details with Mark tonight who is more experience than me!

Thanks;

Gurkan

________________________________
Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Gurkan, I think I have to move the release-plugin out of the profile to the general build section.

See my patch.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: M1-Release

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: M1-Release

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
yes, but not full time.
Today I'm alone at home with my daughter, so I have to be part time clown, jongleur, waitress, cook, cuddly toy etc :)

But I'll see what I can do ;)

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.

Re: M1-Release

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: M1-Release

Re: M1-Release

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi folks, good news!

Re: M1-Release

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: M1-Release

Re: M1-Release

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: M1-Release

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: M1-Release

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Uff, it seems a little bit complex via maven.

Mark,  could we do the release process together?

As you know, we got a *distribution* project that contains some assembly definitions. Do I put the *releases* related configuration into distribution project main pom(*distribution/pom*)? Also there is a release profile in the trunk/pom file. Currently do we use it? I am a bit of confused here.

Thanks;

/Gurkan

Re: M1-Release

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.