Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by argyn <ar...@cox.net> on 2006/04/23 00:44:03 UTC

where's JACC provider implementation?

i started looking into code in org.apache.geronimo.security.jacc
<http://geronimo.apache.org/api/org/apache/geronimo/security/jacc/package-summary.html>
package. basically, i want to figure out how to plug the custom JACC
provider into Geronimo, so i need to look at the existing ones. where's
your default jacc provider?

thanks,
argyn

Re: Triplesec JACC Provider

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the ping!  I'm also kinda buried but would love to get the
triplesec stuff working ASAP.  I'm subscribed to the directory list
now so should see when it gets imported.

thanks
david jencks

Triplesec JACC Provider

Re: where's JACC provider implementation?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
My apologies for the extremely late response, this appears to have
been sent when my mail wasn't really working.  On the other hand in
April JACC wasn't pluggable and it is now :-) (almost completely, I
hope)

The default Geronimo JACC provider is in
org.apache.geronimo.security.jacc in the
GeronimoPolicyConfigurationFactory and PolicyConfigurationGeneric
classes.  I suspect we should move these into a different package to
make it clear they are the JACC provider rather than the
infrastructure geronimo provides.  If you want to configure the JACC
implementation with non-spec information from geronimo plans you will
also need to write a builder similar to the
o.a.g.security.deployment.GeronimoSecurityBuilderImpl that reads info
from its own xml namespace.   If the non-spec information is intended
to come from a different source (not geronimo plans) you won't need
one of these builders.

I recently set up a skeleton example of how a JACC provider could be
plugged in, http://www.nabble.com/TripleSec-Geronimo-integration-
tf2444664.html#a6815690

It would be great to get another working JACC implementation
installed, so if you have any questions how to proceed please ask!

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
Look under the security module.