Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Reddem, Polireddy" <po...@bankofamerica.com> on 2009/04/03 16:12:07 UTC

create a jar file and then call java class from created jar

Hi,
I am not able to  make pom.xml  to  run  maven jar and then maven exec:
java goals.

Here I can create jar file using <packaging>jar</packaging>  in pom.xml.

In pom.xml   there is exec-maven-plugin to java program from jar file.

I am not able  do them  in a single call and can do them in two calls
mvn install and mvn exec:java.
Please help me to  make pom.xml to run both the tasks in sequence in
single call.

Thanks & Regards
Polireddy Reddem
VOIP: 6917
Access Identity Management Team
ITS - NCG -Security Services
Bank of America -Hyderabad

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. This email is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instruments.

Re: create a jar file and then call java class from created jar

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Reddem, Polireddy
<po...@bankofamerica.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am not able to  make pom.xml  to  run  maven jar and then maven exec:
> java goals.

Paste a snippet from your pom that's not working, and someone can
probably help you fix it.

My guess is that you need to bind the execution of 'exec' to a phase.

--
Wendy