Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM> on 2008/12/01 09:18:21 UTC

Re: How to force Derby to release memory in embedded mode

Reda134 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use Derby in the embedded mode to join 2 Tables that can be huge. I
> remarked that Derby doesnt release the space allocated during the join after
> proceeding it. If i want to perform a second join i get an outofmemory
> error...
> So my question is, is there a way to force Derby to give up the allocated
> memory ??

Hello Reda,

Are you doing the two joins in one transaction, or are you
committing/rolling back in between?
Also, can you post the stack trace from the OOME?
Other factors that might matter, are page size and page cache size, and
the amount of memory allocated to the VM. What are these set to?

Kristian