Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by msmolyak <ms...@rocketmail.com> on 2008/07/19 00:05:50 UTC

HTTPClient request fail where default HTTP Request succeeds

My JMeter test has been built using default HTTP requests. It works in
general, except when the requests time out. It appears that for standard
HTTP  Requests there is no way to set a timeout. Consequently JMeter just
sits waiting for the response and eventually the test has to be stopped. (My
first question is whether there is a way to tell JMeter to time out if no
response is received).

I tried to use HTTPClient requests instead since JMeter allows setting the
timeout for those. When I tried using the same requests as before (same
parameters, same headers) only using HTTPClient implementation, I received a
browser error. The environment where I test is very restrictive and they
check for browser version for their applications (e.g., Firefox is not
permitted). The error says that  "Web browser is sending a WWW-Authenticate
header field that the Web server is not configured to accept". The HTTP
error is 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to server configuration.

As I said, the headers did not change from those used by regular JMeter HTTP
requests, which worked fine. What makes the IIS web server reject calls from
HTTPClient and how to make HTTP Client requests work?

Thank you,

Michael

Re: HTTPClient request fail where default HTTP Request succeeds

Posted by msmolyak <ms...@rocketmail.com>.
The Sun-specific properties described in the networking document you sent me
worked great. Thank you.

As for the HTTPClient, I will try to find what protocol the server uses.
What I do not understand is why HHTPRequest works fine, while HTTPCLinet
does not.

Michael

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.