Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Sravankumar Reddy Javaji (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)" <sj...@bloomberg.net> on 2016/03/03 18:30:34 UTC

Custom formatter

Hello,

Is it possible to provide options to custom Formatter in accumulo?

I tried using OptionDescriber but it seems that OptionDescriber gets invoked only during setiterator command.

Or at least is there any way to get current table properties (on which table the custom fomatter is set). I mean if the formatter was set on TABLE_A, then it has to load all the table properties into code during initialization. So, that I can set the required properties to table using "config" and will load this properties to custom formatter.

-
Regards,
Sravan

Re: Custom formatter

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sravan,

I don't think Formatters have the ability to automatically obtain
table configuration at runtime. The lifecycle for Formatters is a bit
different than Iterators. Formatters are also only run client-side --
you could try to do something that reads from Java system properties
and pass in those options via the Accumulo shell.