Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> on 2014/12/22 22:21:18 UTC

Studio Tycho Progress

I currently work on replacing the p2-maven-plugin (which is convenient
but does too much magic) to generate the local P2 repo and eclipse
target platform. The goal is to allow usage of snapshot versions of API
and ApacheDS. For API this worked fine, all Studio plugins that only
depend on API work. I didn't commit everything yet because its in a flux
state.

Next I'll need to add ApacheDS dependencies, let's see if they are valid
OSGi bundles.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: Studio Tycho Progress

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Î M in the middle of the confugration refactiring. This error should be
fixed soon.

Le mercredi 24 décembre 2014, Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> a
écrit :

> On 12/24/2014 12:46 AM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> > Nest step is to cleanup the build a bit.
> > * Extract version numbers to variables
> > * Find a way to avoid duplicate variables in pom.xml and pom-first.xml.
> > * I hope it is possible to combine the first two build steps (generating
> > target platform and manifests) into one.
>
> Build is a bit easier, see readme, Emmanuel already adapted it :). I
> hope import into Eclipse now works smoothly?
>
> I also setup a Jenkins job:
>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Directory/job/dir-studio-tycho-branch/
>
> On thing I noticed is that when running Studio I can create a new
> ApacheDS 2.0.0 server, but when opening the configuration or when
> starting it I get an error. Is this due to the upgrade to the latest
> ApacheDS snapshot?
>
> org.apache.directory.server.config.ConfigurationException: An error
> occured while reading the configuration DN 'ou=config' for the
> objectClass 'ads-directoryService':
> null
>         at
>
> org.apache.directory.server.config.ConfigPartitionReader.read(ConfigPartitionReader.java:641)
>         at
>
> org.apache.directory.server.config.ConfigPartitionReader.readConfig(ConfigPartitionReader.java:754)
>         at
>
> org.apache.directory.server.config.ConfigPartitionReader.readConfig(ConfigPartitionReader.java:718)
>         at
>
> org.apache.directory.server.config.ConfigPartitionReader.readConfig(ConfigPartitionReader.java:690)
>         at
>
> org.apache.directory.studio.apacheds.configuration.v2.jobs.LoadConfigurationRunnable.readConfiguration(LoadConfigurationRunnable.java:248)
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Studio Tycho Progress

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Re: Studio Tycho Progress

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 12/22/2014 10:21 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> I currently work on replacing the p2-maven-plugin (which is convenient
> but does too much magic) to generate the local P2 repo and eclipse
> target platform. The goal is to allow usage of snapshot versions of API
> and ApacheDS. For API this worked fine, all Studio plugins that only
> depend on API work. I didn't commit everything yet because its in a flux
> state.
>
> Next I'll need to add ApacheDS dependencies, let's see if they are valid
> OSGi bundles.

Done with that.

To build 3 steps are required now, please see README.md.

All API and ApacheDS projects can now be imported into the Studio
workspace (or the other way around) and are recoginized as valid bundes.
In fact I recommend to do that, otherwise update of snapshot
dependencies is a nightmare.

Re: Studio Tycho Progress

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 08/01/15 21:46, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> To keep this thread alive, I'll continue with migrating the RCP
> application and the features.

Okie perfect. We are back on track, and the build is way simlpler now !

Re: Studio Tycho Progress

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
I'll test it tonite

Le dimanche 18 janvier 2015, Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> a
écrit :

> On 01/08/2015 09:46 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> > To keep this thread alive, I'll continue with migrating the RCP
> > application and the features.
>
> The features, help plugins, and RCP application are migrated.
>
> There is now a new "product" folder, where the P2 repository (previous
> update site) and the binaries are generated (no installers yet).
>
> I only tested the Linux 64bit binary, there are still things to fix but
> Studio starts up (YEAH!). I'll test on Windows later. It would be nice
> if a Mac user can test if Studio works there too, you can find the
> binaries below
>     product/target/products/org.apache.directory.studio.product
>
> Next I'll try to get the update site (P2 repo) running. Then I'll check
> if how the release process works. If this is done I think the hardest
> probems are solved and I'd link to merge the branch back to trunk.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Studio Tycho Progress

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 18/01/15 18:42, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> On 01/08/2015 09:46 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>> To keep this thread alive, I'll continue with migrating the RCP
>> application and the features.
> The features, help plugins, and RCP application are migrated.
>
> There is now a new "product" folder, where the P2 repository (previous
> update site) and the binaries are generated (no installers yet).
>
> I only tested the Linux 64bit binary, there are still things to fix but
> Studio starts up (YEAH!). I'll test on Windows later. It would be nice
> if a Mac user can test if Studio works there too, you can find the
> binaries below
>     product/target/products/org.apache.directory.studio.product

Works like a charm on Mac !

Re: Studio Tycho Progress

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Re: Studio Tycho Progress

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Re: Studio Tycho Progress

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 12/23/2014 07:39 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Le 22/12/14 22:21, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> I currently work on replacing the p2-maven-plugin (which is convenient
>> but does too much magic) to generate the local P2 repo and eclipse
>> target platform. The goal is to allow usage of snapshot versions of API
>> and ApacheDS. For API this worked fine, all Studio plugins that only
>> depend on API work. I didn't commit everything yet because its in a flux
>> state.
>
> Good !
>>
>> Next I'll need to add ApacheDS dependencies, let's see if they are valid
>> OSGi bundles.
>
> Do you need some hands to get ApacheDS compliant ? I can help...

It was alread almost compliant, just the ehcache thing was open. I'll
commit my changes within the next hours.

> A Q : can we go for a release of LDAP API ?

Yes, please :)

Re: Studio Tycho Progress

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 22/12/14 22:21, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> I currently work on replacing the p2-maven-plugin (which is convenient
> but does too much magic) to generate the local P2 repo and eclipse
> target platform. The goal is to allow usage of snapshot versions of API
> and ApacheDS. For API this worked fine, all Studio plugins that only
> depend on API work. I didn't commit everything yet because its in a flux
> state.

Good !

> Next I'll need to add ApacheDS dependencies, let's see if they are valid
> OSGi bundles.

Do you need some hands to get ApacheDS compliant ? I can help...

A Q : can we go for a release of LDAP API ?

Thanks Stefan !