Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/01 02:51:50 UTC

Re: Find Bugs Integration - which donation?

Well, just adding some note: FindBugs is not maintained and cannot
process bytecode from Java 9 and above.

AW: Find Bugs Integration - which donation?

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
+1 for SpotBugs and SonarLint, back in the days, I can remember that there was already a Plugin for sonar: http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/51532/radar-netbeans (http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/51532/radar-netbeans)

Maybe the Code can help in some way.

Cheers

Chris

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
I was looking at sonarlint. I think it uses LSP on it's plugins so probably
need to follow the PR that Jan opened regarding it before we can implement
something...

Or we use sonarlint as the basis for pushing that forward...

Posted by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Eirik Bakke <eb...@ultorg.com>.
> FindBugs is effectively dead, but SpotBugs has becomes its successor, and supports up to Java 9 and is in active development.

To clarify, it seems that SpotBugs is a fork of FindBugs, cloned November 2016, with some light branding changes. So it's really the same piece of software from an IDE integration standpoint.

(The explanation at https://mailman.cs.umd.edu/pipermail/findbugs-discuss/2016-November/004337.html was informative.)

-- Eirik

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.
Yes,