Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2000/07/12 15:20:07 UTC

multiple machines

We are setting up a site starting with a single machine.
But later on we want to be able scale this setup.
We are politicaly bound to WinNT.

So we have following possibilities:

[IIS/Apache + mod_ssl] +
[isapi_redirect/mod_jserv/?] +
[Tomcat/JServ/JRun]

But I'm not quite sure which combination
is the best. Important: We use sessions
so when we use load balancing to multiple
machines a user must be redirected to
the right VM.

I know mod_jserv does this trick.
Does the isapi_redirect.dll do this, too?
As far as I know JRun supports this feature
only in the Enterprise version which is
quite expensive.

So I was thinking of:

Apache + mod_sll + mod_jserv on the Webserver
and Tomcat on the other machines.

I checked the FAQ. Did I get it right...

I just need a Apache+mod_ssl binary and
then add the mod_jserv.dll to it?

Or do I have to search for a Apache+mod_ssl+mod_jserv
binary? (I don't want to compile it under windows
by myself! Win is not Linux :-)

How fast and stable is Tomcat vs JServ or JRun?!
--
Torsten

multiple machines - please!

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
Did anybody read this message?
Are these questions too unusual or more like RTFM?