Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Josh Knowles <jo...@worldwidepackets.com> on 2000/10/12 18:56:24 UTC

sessions problem

I am having a problem sending a bean to the session object through a
servlet.  I first have a servlet process a form then it creates and fills a
bean and then sends the bean to the servlet.  This all works fine the first
time that I run it but every other time after that no matter if I close the
browser or restart tomcat it doesn't work - it returns an error saying

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find a method to read property
'missingList' in a bean of type 'wwp.PartnersApplicationBean'

Here is the code that I use to create the session object:

wwp.PartnersApplicationBean p = new wwp.PartnersApplicationBean();
      p.setMissingList(missing);
      HttpSession session = session = request.getSession();
      session.setAttribute("partner", p);

I then forward to a jsp page and call a useBean with a scope of session and
then a getProperty to get the info that I need.

I am using tomcat 3.1 and apache 1.3.12 on Redhat 6.2

Thanks for the help

Josh