Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2010/06/01 11:56:45 UTC

Consistency of location of signing KEYS

I notice that the KEYS file we advertise on the 1.x and 2.x downloads
pages [1] does not match the KEYS file we have in svn [2]

[1] http://www.apache.org/dist/tuscany/KEYS

Jeremy Boynes
Kelvin Goodson
Andrew Borley
Raymond Feng
Ant Elder
S Venkatakrishnan
Luciano Resende
Simon Laws
Ramkumar Ramalingam

[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/KEYS

Jeremy Boynes
Kelvin Goodson
Andrew Borley
Raymond Feng
Ant Elder
S Venkatakrishnan
Luciano Resende
Simon Laws
*Amita Vadhavkar
Ramkumar Ramalingam
*Simon Christopher Nash

There are two extra entries in [2] (marked *) when compared to [1].
The easy answer is to copy [2] to [1]. However if this is going to be
a problem in the future do we really need to maintain [1]?

Simon

Re: Consistency of location of signing KEYS

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> wrote:
> Simon Nash wrote:
>>
>> Simon Nash wrote:

>>> My key (actually keys) are in [2] but not in [1].  Do I need to do
>>> something to get them added to [1]?  If so, what is that something?
>>>
>>> I'm sorry if the answer to the above question should be obvious, but I
>>> haven't understood in which direction the "sync" will operate and when
>>> it will happen,  It doesn't seem to have happened yet as the files at
>>> [1] and [2] are still different at the present time.
>>>
>>> Also, I put my keys in [2] as a result of following the instructions
>>> at [3].  If [2] isn't the correct place, the instructions at [3] need
>>> to be updated.
>>>
>>>  Simon
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.apache.org/dist/tuscany/KEYS
>>> [2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/KEYS
>>> [3] http://tuscany.apache.org/create-signing-key.html
>>>

>> I have updated the file at [1] from the version at [2].
>>
>>  Simon
>>

> For some reason I'm not seeing the updated copy when I browse to the
> URL in [1], even though the file on people.apache.org is correct.
> Is there some further step needed to get www.apache.org to refresh?
>
>  Simon

It's there now.  Some sync process going on behind the scenes.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I notice that the KEYS file we advertise on the 1.x and 2.x downloads
> pages [1] does not match the KEYS file we have in svn [2]
>

> [1] http://www.apache.org/dist/tuscany/KEYS
>
> Jeremy Boynes
> Kelvin Goodson
> Andrew Borley
> Raymond Feng
> Ant Elder
> S Venkatakrishnan
> Luciano Resende
> Simon Laws
> Ramkumar Ramalingam
>
> [2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/KEYS
>
> Jeremy Boynes
> Kelvin Goodson
> Andrew Borley
> Raymond Feng
> Ant Elder
> S Venkatakrishnan
> Luciano Resende
> Simon Laws
> *Amita Vadhavkar
> Ramkumar Ramalingam
> *Simon Christopher Nash
>

> There are two extra entries in [2] (marked *) when compared to [1].
> The easy answer is to copy [2] to [1]. However if this is going to be
> a problem in the future do we really need to maintain [1]?

The file at [1] is required as there are automated scripts that
regularly scan the distribution area to verify that all the
distributed files are correctly signed. The copy at [2] could probably