Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Shiloh Costa <ap...@torfree.net> on 1999/02/02 04:52:29 UTC

config/3814: Strange Error message from an unmodified srm.conf file ?

>Number:         3814
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Strange Error message from an unmodified srm.conf file ?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Server has been running great over the last 2 months or so... Today we added a virtual host to "httpd.conf" and added AuthConfig to "access.conf" -- we did not touch srm.conf at all.

When we went to restart the server, it would not start and gave us this error:

Syntax error on line 46 of /usr/local/apache/etc/srm.conf:
AddIcon is improperly configured internally (server bug)
./apachectl startssl: httpd could not be started

Line 46 is:
AddIcon /icons/binary.gif .bin .exe
>How-To-Repeat:
Its a configuration problem of some sort. The internal error should give some idea.
>Fix:
I'd like to confirm whether or not the error is normal. It appears to be a flag of some sort hard coded in the source to when an unexpected un-accounted for condition occurs.