Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kyle Adams <ka...@gfs.com> on 2004/08/19 18:00:19 UTC

Standalone POM Library

Per Brett's suggestion, I'm moving this discussion from Ant's dev list
(see http://tinyurl.com/6rcxr for the precending conversation) to here.

conjunction with the JAM project ( http://javagen.sf.net/ ).  Originally
I was just looking at extending XmlProperty to add support for <extend>;
however, the ideal solution would be to use the same code Maven uses for
accessing a POM.  The ideal solution would be more appealing if said
code were available separate from Maven itself.

Brett mentioned that work was being done on just such a library, which
I'd be extremely interested in. I did notice a promising looking
maven-model-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar while poking around on ibiblio :-)

So, what are the details?  Anywhere I can pitch in and help?

Thanks,
Kyle

_____

Kyle Adams | Java Developer  |  Gordon Food Service  |  616-717-6162