Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Chandresh Turakhia <ch...@bhartitelesoft.com> on 2007/03/08 10:11:36 UTC

Ofbiz Opportunity :: Only Question which I ever needed to ask :)

Hi ,

Ofbiz is looked at with curiousity for reasons other than it was Open Source from few people.

Changing Values
----------------------------

Corportate 2.0 is all about Open Company. People need to pathom the need to make WallStreet 1.0 to appreciate attempts for Corporate 2.0 :)
Business 2.0 is only about Business Plan merged with Social Plans. Rise of Indian poor does not create "revolution" but makes many answerable on ballot bozez. Indians are being American of late - ASKING for cheaper & cheaper ( everyday low price ) goods - irrespective to national boundaries.

Things in perspective
--------------------------------

Indian Retail ( Organized Retail ) is tring to achieve in 5 years what other Developed Countries developed over a period of 25 years. It is frenzy@best.

Bharti teams with Wal-Mart and atleast 5 others 5Billion $ Plus other investments in organized retail. India has 10million pluz small traders. Number nowhere in the world match in unorganized sector.

Usual structure of Deal : Indian Partner brings capital and contacts; Western partner brings "Systems" which helps to 'derisk' capital investments. But it opens up to Political risk of "Unfair Advantage" to big business houses. Western Partner may give technology free to Indian venture but it further solidify case of Unfair Advantage. :(

Ofbiz Opportunity :
  a.. Indian Partner ACCEPTS Systems from Western Partner but uses SOFTWARE which is available for free to everyone
  b.. Hopefully Ofbiz gains in adapting to Established retail segment. Practical implementations.
What does It take make this happen ?

DISCLAIMER : This is just my personal thoughts. My Company has no obligations for whatsoever. AND I am not Lawyer.

Chand
Architect - COO team

Re: Ofbiz Opportunity :: Only Question which I ever needed to ask :)

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <TS...@gmx.net>.
Hi Chand!

Thank you very much for your thoughs. I indeed currently try to make the case of OFBiz.

What doesn't become clear to me from your message:

Is that just some random thoughts or do you pursue any concrete goal?

Regards,
Torsten

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 01:11:36 -0800