Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Harika Vangapelli -T (hvangape - AKRAYA INC at Cisco)" <hv...@cisco.com> on 2017/03/03 19:45:40 UTC

Question on configuring Apache Cassandra with LDAP

I am trying to configure Cassnadra with LDAP , and I am trying to write code and want to extend the functionality of org.apache.cassandra.auth.PasswordAuthenticator and override authenticate method but As PlainTextSaslAuthenticator innerclass has a private scope not able to use method overriding.

Please let us know what is the best way to implement LDAP security with Apache Cassandra (or) a work around for this.

Thanks,
Harika

[http://wwwin.cisco.com/c/dam/cec/organizations/gmcc/services-tools/signaturetool/images/logo/logo_gradient.png]

Harika Vangapelli
Engineer - IT
hvangape@cisco.com<ma...@cisco.com>
Tel:

Cisco Systems, Inc.

United States
cisco.com

[http://www.cisco.com/assets/swa/img/thinkbeforeyouprint.gif]Think before you print.

Please click here<http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html> for Company Registration Information.

Re: Question on configuring Apache Cassandra with LDAP

Posted by Daniel Kleviansky <da...@kleviansky.com>.
That is in fact my linked WIP branch, and I can confirm progress was stalled just to other priorities being set!
It got to the point (in draft form) where authentication was working, but still need to work on extending IRoleManager.

I will say this, while I initially started using the Apache LDAP API, which is what’s present in that linked branch, I then started playing with UnboundID and Ldaptive (you can find that sandbox here: https://github.com/lqid/ldap-sandbox), which I found much easier to work with.

Having said all that, I believe DataStax are in fact using the Apache LDAP API, so clearly it is robust enough…
I’d love to start this back up to be honest, but business has priorities some very different things.
However, this has been a good reminder that I should finish what I started, so thanks for that! ;)

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions for me!

Kindest regards,
Daniel

Posted by Sam Tunnicliffe <sa...@beobal.com>.