Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oy...@Sun.COM> on 2007/07/04 16:31:10 UTC

Correction to release notes

How can I add to the list of new features in the release note?  Can I
just edit the DerbyTenThreeRelease wiki, or should I edit the release
note directly?  The addition of the Blob/Clob API mehtods seems to have
fallen out.  (However, I am pretty certain I added them to the wiki a
long time ago).

Also, there seems to be other new features that are missing.  (eg., TRIM
and LIKE).  Has someone verified that all new features have been included?

I am on vacation for the rest of this week so it would be good if
someone could tell me what I need to do to fix this tonight.

--
Øystein

Re: Correction to release notes

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
> On 7/4/07, Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oy...@sun.com> wrote:
>> [...snip...] The addition of the Blob/Clob API mehtods seems to have
> > fallen out.  (However, I am pretty certain I added them to the wiki a
> > long time ago).
I think this was originally there:
  || Blob/Clob API || Implement JDBC methods for Blob/Clob that are
currently not supported
|| [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1341 DERBY-1341],
[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1285 DERBY-1285],
[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-1286 DERBY-1286] ||

(was between SSL/TLS and Client Side Tracing)

However, DERBY-1285 and DERBY-1286 are not closed. How should I
approach this? Doesn't seem right to put them in the release notes?
Shall I list the individual closed bugs (subtasks, related issues
marked 'improvement') dangling off of these? Or just list DERBY-1341?

Thx,
Myrna

Re: Correction to release notes

Posted by Øystein Grøvlen <Oy...@Sun.COM>.
Øystein Grøvlen wrote:

> I have not closed the issues and added the feature to the wiki again

I meant: "I have NOW closed the issues ..."

Posted by Øystein Grøvlen <Oy...@Sun.COM>.
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> I am fairly certain I took out the Blob/Clob API details at one point,
> when not much progress had been made, and none of the bugs listed at
> the time were closed. Sorry about that.

I have not closed the issues and added the feature to the wiki again
(with some more links).  I am sorry I forgot closing those issues.  The
actual development was made in other JIRAs and it was forgotten to
update the issues referred here.

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On 7/4/07, Oystein Grovlen - Sun Norway <Oy...@sun.com> wrote:
> How can I add to the list of new features in the release note?  Can I
> just edit the DerbyTenThreeRelease wiki, or should I edit the release
> note directly?  The addition of the Blob/Clob API mehtods seems to have
> fallen out.  (However, I am pretty certain I added them to the wiki a
> long time ago).
>
> Also, there seems to be other new features that are missing.  (eg., TRIM
> and LIKE).  Has someone verified that all new features have been included?
>
> I am on vacation for the rest of this week so it would be good if
> someone could tell me what I need to do to fix this tonight.
>
> --
> Øystein

The number of added fixes into 10.3.1.1. is relatively small, (~20 at
current counting) so I will do a manual pass, and edit the Release
notes directly this time, on Thursday.
I will at that time reconcile what's on the wiki with what's in the
Release Notes.html.
I think at this point it I would prefer if you could add your input on
the wiki. Dan also added to the items on the wiki on June 27, so I
know I have to look at it.

No, I've not done a thorough check of all new features; I intend to
modify the release notes to change the wording of 'bug fixes' to
'changes'. (see also DERBY-2840); so, any small improvement not
mentioned separately will show up there.

I am fairly certain I took out the Blob/Clob API details at one point,
when not much progress had been made, and none of the bugs listed at
the time were closed. Sorry about that.

Thx for checking on this.
Myrna