Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2004/08/16 23:44:45 UTC

[digester] 1.6 release: what about digester rss?

(i've not been too well recently but i'm better know and ready to push
the 1.6 release forward.)

the source for org.apache.commons.digester.rss has been moved into
examples (or somewhere like that). this means that these classes will
no longer be available as part of 1.6 release. some folks seem to have
found it useful (even though they were written as an example). i'm now
wondering whether we should include a jar containing the classes within
the distribution (or something).

opinions anyone?

- robert

Re: [digester] 1.6 release: what about digester rss?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 16 Aug 2004, at 22:53, Simon Kitching wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 09:44, robert burrell donkin wrote:

<snip>

>> the source for org.apache.commons.digester.rss has been moved into
>> examples (or somewhere like that). this means that these classes will
>> no longer be available as part of 1.6 release. some folks seem to have
>> found it useful (even though they were written as an example). i'm now
>> wondering whether we should include a jar containing the classes
>> within
>> the distribution (or something).
>
> I think the number of users of this will be so low that we could
> reasonably expect them to compile the source themselves.

that's true. IIRC this is was the concensus reached when this was last
discussed.

it might be nice to have a version in the java-repository, though. the
easiest way to organize approval for this would be to include a final
release jar in the 1.6 distribution.

anyone out there who wants to see a final release for the rss digester
stuff?

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.
On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 09:44, robert burrell donkin wrote:
> (i've not been too well recently but i'm better know and ready to push
> the 1.6 release forward.)

Sorry to hear you haven't been well, but I'm glad to see you're back!

> the source for org.apache.commons.digester.rss has been moved into
> examples (or somewhere like that). this means that these classes will
> no longer be available as part of 1.6 release. some folks seem to have
> found it useful (even though they were written as an example). i'm now
> wondering whether we should include a jar containing the classes within
> the distribution (or something).

I think the number of users of this will be so low that we could
reasonably expect them to compile the source themselves.

Cheers,

Simon