Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Lai <mk...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/14 17:16:41 UTC

help with compiling mod_jk

Hi.  I am trying to configure Apache(2.0.16) on my linux system (redhat
7.1) with tomcat (3.2).  According to tomcat's documentation, I should
try to compile my own mod_jk module by downloading the source for
jakarta-tomcat.  I downloaded it and then I ran the command as per
documentation:

apxs -o mod_jk.so -I../jk -I/usr/local/jdk/include
-I/usr/local/jdk/include/linux -c *.c ../jk/*.c

I have adjusted the java path accordingly so that it reflects $JAVA_HOME
on my system.  However when I ran this command, I get the following errors:

libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -pthread
-I/usr/local/apache2/include -I../jk -I/usr/local/java/include
-I/usr/local/java/include/linux  -c mod_jk.c && touch mod_jk.slo
mod_jk.c:76:31: http_conf_globals.h: No such file or directory
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=65536

It says that it can't find the http_conf_globals.h file but I couldn't
find it on my system even after doing a search.

Please help.  Thanks,
Michael.

Re: help with compiling mod_jk

Posted by "Paul D. Bain" <pa...@bigfoot.com>.
At Saturday 7/14/01 11:16 AM , you wrote:
>Hi.  I am trying to configure Apache(2.0.16) on my linux system

        My understanding is that Apache modules written for Apache 1.3 (such as
mod_jk) cannot be made to work with the new Apache, version 2.x. In order to
run with the new Apache, an Apache module must be rewritten, and I suspect that
mod_jk has not yet been rewritten.