Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/02 17:50:13 UTC

REST API 2.0 design

Since I'm working on the API from the client side again and I know we
have several changes and potential changes to the current API that are
not documented, I wanted to start getting everything written down in
the wiki.

As such, I created a new page
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME/REST+API+2.0+-+Design
that is just a repository for ideas about what could be in a new
iteration of the API. I'm not sure if there is any interest in this,
but I thought I'd get the discussion started.

I'd also like to start better documenting the current API on this page
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME/RESTAPI  I'm not sure
if it is legal to copy over what is at
http://code.google.com/p/esmeproject/wiki/REST_API_Documantation so
I'm not going to do this.

I understand that there have been API methods for pools and other new
features added to the current API. Can someone briefly describe them
and I'll put them up on RESTAPI cwiki page? Or just feel free to add
them to the list of methods on that page.

Thanks,
Ethan

Re: REST API 2.0 design

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.
> I'd also like to start better documenting the current API on this page
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ESME/RESTAPI  I'm not sure
> if it is legal to copy over what is at
> http://code.google.com/p/esmeproject/wiki/REST_API_Documantation so
> I'm not going to do this.

I think whoever wrote the original document has already signed the
iCLA so it should be no problem to include it. Maybe it was Dick?

> I understand that there have been API methods for pools and other new
> features added to the current API. Can someone briefly describe them
> and I'll put them up on RESTAPI cwiki page? Or just feel free to add
> them to the list of methods on that page.

My plan was to document these when everything is ready, and there are
a couple of things still left to be done there (listing pools,
deleting pools and users from pools), but it doesn't hurt to document
what we have there already:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-esme-dev/200905.mbox/%3Cc7fc82820905040035u152dcc46nce98724a0af856dc@mail.gmail.com%3E

Vassil