Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jasbinder Singh Bali <js...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/12 00:49:45 UTC

Demonstration of Chroot when tomcat running in jail

Hi,
How can the Chroot be demostrated in a very simple way without
actually hacking the tomcat.
I just need to show that someone has taken control of tomcat and now
he's in the directory (chroot jail) where tomcat is running but won't
be able to access the actual root of the webserver.
What would a good way to demostrate this.

Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
~Jas

Re: Demonstration of Chroot when tomcat running in jail

Posted by Lucas Galfaso <lg...@gmail.com>.
Just create a jsp page with a text input that whatever you submit
there is executed at a shell and returns the result.

Posted by Jasbinder Singh Bali <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jasbinder Singh Bali <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Lucia <ti...@yahoo.com>.