Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by "charuta.rajopadhye" <ch...@springct.com> on 2017/08/24 11:12:05 UTC

Crate via Apache Drill

Hi,

I could successfully connect to crate via Apache Drill, using the following configuration:
{
"type": "jdbc",
"driver": "io.crate.client.jdbc.CrateDriver",
"url": "jdbc:crate://localhost:5432/",
"username": "crate",
"password": null,
"enabled": true
}

and the jar: crate-jdbc-standalone-2.2.0.jar

Querying tables with simple data types return results, but crate is capable of storying dynamic data (objects) that drill is unable to understand.
Please let me know how to get around this issue.

I read in Apache Drill documentation <https://drill.apache.org/faq/> regarding creating custom storage plugin  ( What datastores does Drill support?: A new datastore can be added by developing a storage plugin )
but could not find any pertinent information/ tuts/ references for the same.
Please guide me in this regard.

My ultimate objective is to be able to query all type of data from crate via Apache Drill.

Thanks and Regards,
Charuta Rajopadhye