Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/12 17:36:41 UTC

Threading in LBHttpSolrServer

I think we have to take another look at the thread safety in
LBHttpSolrServer. At a minimum it appears to be using double-checked
locking with aliveCheckExecutor? I'll look closer later, but I think
there are a couple issues.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Threading in LBHttpSolrServer

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we have to take another look at the thread safety in
> LBHttpSolrServer. At a minimum it appears to be using double-checked locking
> with aliveCheckExecutor? I'll look closer later, but I think there are a
> couple issues.

You are right. The executor should be volatile.
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.