Posted to users@flex.apache.org by "Patil, Virat" <vi...@capgemini.com> on 2014/04/28 14:28:31 UTC

FalconJS

Hello

I have created a Application ImageGallery.mxml. Now I want <basic:Image> Component to be in my initial view.
Is it Mandatory to create a initialview as seprate class (extending ViewBase)  and include in initialview tag?
Because when I tried to add it in the application file itself the view doesn't show the Image.

Regards
Virat

Re: FalconJS

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Thanks for the feedback.  As Peter says, if we hear a lot of demand for
"one-file apps" we can try to allow it.  "one file apps" is a convenient
thing in the current Flex SDK.  There are currently some reasons FlexJS is
not starting out this way:

1) On the HTML/JS side, the Application class roughly maps to the <html>
tag and the ViewBase/InitialView maps to the <body> tag.  I am concerned
we'll be sorry of we encourage folks to merge the two together.
2) Flex mobile apps had already set a precedent for not putting display
objects in the Application.
3) I want to encourage folks to keep good separation of business logic
from view logic.  As your app grows in complexity you will probably be
glad you didn't mix the two together.

Keep the feedback coming,
-Alex

RE: FalconJS