Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Daren <da...@adestra.com> on 2009/01/30 11:53:53 UTC

Hadoop & perl

Just started using hadoop and want to use perl to interface with it.

Thriftfs has some perl modules which claim to be able to work with the
thrift server !

Unfortunately I have'nt been able to get this to work and was wondering
if anyone out there can give me some advice as to how to get a perl
interface to work, if indeeed it's possible ???

daren@adestra.com

Re: Hadoop & perl

Posted by Keita Higashi <wi...@y3.dion.ne.jp>.
Hello!!

Do you know existence of hadoop-streaming.jar?
Recommend that you use hadoop-streaming.jar if you do not know.
The usage of hadoop-streaming.jar is written on
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/r0.18.3/streaming.html.

ex:
$HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop jar $HADOOP_HOME/hadoop-streaming.jar  \
-input httpd_logs \
-output logc_output \
-mapper /home/hadoop/work/hadoop/analog/map.pl \
-reducer /home/hadoop/work/hadoop/analog/reduce.pl \
-inputformat TextInputFormat \
-outputformat TextOutputFormat

Thank you.