Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mark Conlin <me...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/20 22:37:49 UTC

iterate tage and creating links - whats the "right" way ?

I am creating "view" links along with a list of contacts.
I have done so successfully but wanted feedback.

I am currently doing the following:

<logic:iterate id="contact" name="contacts" indexId="index"
scope="page">

<%
view.clear();
view.put("forward", "customer.view_contact");
view.put("key", index);
%>

	<bean:message key="general.view"/>
</logic:iterate>

This works, however I would like to use a property from each contact
bean as the value for my key parameter in the link, rather then its
place value in the contacts collection.

What is the preferred "Struts" way of doing this?

Thank you,
Mark