Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Rob Tompkins <ch...@apache.org> on 2017/06/14 12:55:49 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons FileUpload 1.3.3 released.

The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Commons
FileUpload 1.3.3.

The Apache Commons FileUpload library parses HTTP requests which conform to RFC
1867, "Form-based File Upload in HTML." That is, if an HTTP request is
submitted using the POST method, and with a content type of
"multipart/form-data," then FileUpload can parse that request, and make the
results available in a manner easily used by the caller.

The only change in this release is a fix for, "FILEUPLOAD-279: DiskFileItem can
no longer be deserialized, unless a particular system property is set," a fix
for the purposes of security.

Source and binary distributions are available for download from the Apache
Commons download site:
  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-fileupload/download_fileupload.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at the
above location when downloading the release.

Alternatively the release can be pulled via maven:
  <groupId>commons-fileupload</groupId>
  <artifactId>commons-fileupload</artifactId>
  <version>1.3.3</version>

The release notes can be reviewed at:
  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/fileupload/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

For complete information on Commons FileUpload, including instructions on how
to submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache
Commons FileUpload website:

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-fileupload/

Best regards,
Rob Tompkins
on behalf of the Apache Commons community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons FileUpload 1.3.3 released.

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org>.
Hi,

can you trigger an update of the pattern on https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2016-1000031 somehow? Currently OWASP dependency check still considers 1.3.3 as insecure.

Cheers
Dennis

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Commons FileUpload 1.3.3 released.

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>.
Thanks Rob!

Bruno

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Then maybe we need to document the fact that our code is still based on the
old RFC (is it?) and that we welcome contributions to modernize to the new
RFC...

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.