Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Peter Novodvorsky <pe...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/03 20:26:16 UTC

Re: [drlvm][threading] should we really apply H3289 0001*.patch?

On 3/25/07, Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com> wrote:
 > Given the above, does it make sense to apply a patch that goes exactly the
> opposite direction?  That is, removes dead native join implementation.  I
> would hate to have to reverse directions and add Thread.join() code back in
> a few months.

Weldon, I think that at any time we should have any dead code in
source tree. We have version control system and we have patch in JIRA
that can be reverted at any time, so we can get that code anytime we
need. And I suppose this code will need refactoring for new thread
state design anyway.

I'm voting for removing this code now.

Peter.