Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by JP Fielding <fi...@asset.com> on 2002/04/18 13:14:44 UTC

Fw: referencing common schema types

----- Original Message -----
From: JP Fielding
To: axis-users@xml.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 7:08 AM
Subject: referencing common schema types

given that a custom serialization can be performed per java object to xml, can a remote reference then be made to a schema that this xml document now represents.

for instance, DISA is making a common type registry (schema registry).  type transfer should attempt to use these.  i was wondering if it's possible to:

1) ingest a remote schema and generate a java object (EXISTENCE UNKNOWN)
2) generate a custom serialization for that object ( ALREADY EXISTS )
3) have the WSDL generated for my service reference the remote schema as a parameter type (EXISTENCE UNKNOWN)

i know that step one can be done by hand by the user/developer.  step 2 is the type mapping concept that already exists.  what i don't know how to do, is ensure that the generated WSDL for my service references the remote schema when refering to my type.

anyone know if this is possible/how to do it?

thanks,
jp