Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Mikhail <mi...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/08 17:55:07 UTC

Re: AWS Apache Ignite AMI startup.sh reports spurrious errors if options have blanks

Hi Dave,

where can I find startup.sh?
it doesn't look like a part of Ignite sources.

Thanks,
Mikhail.

Re: AWS Apache Ignite AMI startup.sh reports spurrious errors if options have blanks

Posted by Mikhail <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

I think you need to find an author of this script, but anyway I didn't find
it in our repository.

Please use the following doc to run ignite:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/aws-deployment in aws.

Thanks,
Mike.

Re: AWS Apache Ignite AMI startup.sh reports spurrious errors if options have blanks

Posted by Dave Harvey <dh...@jobcase.com>.
Sorry for the delay, spam filter.

I haven't been able to find an explanation for startup.sh, but when I login
to an EC2 instance created using the AWS community AMI for Ignite (which
only has docker and pulls ignite by the version you specify), I find
startup.sh in the current directory, and it is clearly the script run at
least the first time the instance boots.    When I search for pieces of the
contents, nothing shows up.  When searching for startup.sh with various
AWS/ignite qualifiers, I get back to this post, or get a large list of
things that don't seem relevant.    When I run this script, it loads
user-data (which is what is specified in Advanced Options on the AWS AMI
launch GUI - a set of environment variables), and prints errors if any of
those lines have spaces.

This is the entire script:
#!/bin/bash

if [ ! -f ./user-data ]; then
  wget http://169.254.169.254/latest/user-data

  sed -i -e '$a\ ' ./user-data
fi

ENV_OPTIONS=""

while read p; do
  if [ ! -z "$p" ]; then
    ENV_OPTIONS="$ENV_OPTIONS -e \"$p\""

    export $p
  fi
done < ./user-data

eval "docker pull apacheignite/ignite:$IGNITE_VERSION"

eval "docker run -d --net=host $ENV_OPTIONS
apacheignite/ignite:$IGNITE_VERSION"