Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Anto Marky <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/03 07:13:03 UTC

svn co issue

Hi,

I am new to subversion, just starting to create my repositories.

I created a repository under my /home/svn/ directory, I have edited my
svnserver.conf and changed the auth-access to reade write, and passwd file
to passwd and have added users to my passwd file.I am able to checkout and
commit from my windows machines.But when I try svn co with the command , svn
co svn://192.168.1.250/home/svn/ble /home/developer/svntest/, I get the
error svn: No repository found in 'svn://
192.168.1.250/home/svn/blenglishcafe'.
I even tried svn co --username {user} --password {password} svn://
192.168.1.250/englishcafe/ /home/developer/svntest/ that one too gives the
same error. When I try svnlook tree svn://192.168.1.250/home/svn/ble I can
see all the files and directories, When I try svn ls svn://
192.168.1.250/home/svn/ble I am able to see the repositories.I started the
dameon a svnserve -d -r /home/svn/ (I have one more repository inside
/home/svn which bld).

Could someone please help figure out what I am missing

Thanks

Marky

Re: Fwd: svn co issue

Posted by Marc Haisenko <ha...@comdasys.com>.
On Friday 03 October 2008 11:57:41 Anto Marky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I posted the below error earlier still hanging on with it, When I tried svn
> status from my repository directory it gives an error like this -svn:
> warning: '.' is not a working copy.Does anybody know what is happening?
> Could anybody please help me resolve this issue.
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Marky

Let's first define the words, then look at your problem.

Repository: the "database" of SubVersion, where the SubVersion server stores
its data.

Working Copy: produced by the SubVersion client, the data of a revision in a
form so that a user can edit them

The error you get is very literal: you are executing "svn status" on something
that is not a working copy as produced by "svn checkout". So you can't run
"svn status" on your repository, only on a working copy.

You can easily identify whether a directory is a working copy by looking
whether a subdirectory ".svn" exists.

I suggest reading the SubVersion book at http://svnbook.red-bean.com if you
haven't already.

Oh, and please show us the literal command you typed in and what that command
produced via copy&paste, that helps us helping you ;-)

Bye,
	Marc

--
Marc Haisenko

Comdasys AG
Rüdesheimer Str. 7
80686 München
Germany

Tel.: +49 (0)89 548 433 321

Re: svn co issue

Posted by Bogdan Cristea <cr...@gmail.com>.
On Friday 03 October 2008 15:24:46 you wrote:
> Hi Bogdan,
>
> I have tried that one too
>
>  svn co --username marky --password anto
> svn://192.168.1.250/ble//home/developer/svntest/
>
> this gives an error like this
>
> svn: URL 'svn://192.168.1.250/ble' doesn't exist
>
> Thanks for your replies
>

> Marky

It is difficult to say what went wrong. The best approach would be to read
carefully the subversion book.

Other solution: use first anonymous access, verify that you can make a ci/co,
then use the password file and then the autz file to localize the problem.

Re: svn co issue

Posted by Bogdan Cristea <cr...@gmail.com>.

Re: svn co issue

Posted by Anto Marky <ma...@gmail.com>.