Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by fanyun <yu...@vtradex.com> on 2002/03/24 13:10:02 UTC

some questions

Hi all:

I read the document about

	Pool Service
	Global Cache Service
	Factory Service
	Pull Service

I have some questions:

1. Pool Service v.s. Factory Service

It seems they are all used to generator  Runtime Classes and all have an repository to store the already generated class to improve performance.

Which one is recommented?

2. Integrate Factory Service and Pool Service

The document mentioned the integration.  Can any one explain a little more about this?

3. Global Cache Service and Pool Service

Since we can store any thing in Global Cache,  can I store the already generated class in Globle Cache instead of using Pool Service.

4. The Pull Service
I know that using Pull service, we can easily get information in VM.   But what is the benifit for java classes using Pull service. Can I using Global level Pool Service, or Global Cache Service instead.

Regards&Thanks

fanyun

Re: some questions

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
fanyun wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I read the document about
>
>         Pool Service
>         Global Cache Service
>         Factory Service
>         Pull Service
>
> I have some questions:
>
> 1. Pool Service v.s. Factory Service
>
> It seems they are all used to generator  Runtime Classes and all have an repository to store the already generated class to improve performance.
>
> Which one is recommented?

The factory service only concerns itself with instantiating objects, it
does not pool them.  The pool service uses the factory code to
instantiate new objects, if the pool is exhausted.

> 2. Integrate Factory Service and Pool Service
>
> The document mentioned the integration.  Can any one explain a little more about this?

see above.

> 3. Global Cache Service and Pool Service
>
> Since we can store any thing in Global Cache,  can I store the already generated class in Globle Cache instead of using Pool Service.

why?  the cache works using keys to retrieve objects, what are you going
to use for your keys? And if you have a good answer for that there are
several other reasons not to use a general cache as an object pool.

> 4. The Pull Service
> I know that using Pull service, we can easily get information in VM.   But what is the benifit for java classes using Pull service. Can I using Global level Pool Service, or Global Cache Service instead.

don't understand this question, do you have a code example?

john mcnally