Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Fred Habash <fm...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/12 14:37:37 UTC

Measuring Cassandra Metrics at a Sessions/Connection Levels

Hi all ...

We are facing a scenario where we have to measure for some metrics on a per
connection or client basis. For example. count of read/write request by
client IP/host/user/program. We want to know the source of C* requests for
budgeting, capacity planing, or charge-backs.
We are running 2.2.8.

I did some research and I just wanted to verify my findings ...

1. C* 4+ has two instruments 'nodetool clientstats' & system_view.clinets
2. Earlier release have no native instruments to collect these metrics

Is there any other way to measure such metrics?

Thank you

Re: Measuring Cassandra Metrics at a Sessions/Connection Levels

Posted by Reid Pinchback <rp...@tripadvisor.com>.
Metrics are exposed via JMX.  You can use something like jmxtrans or collectd with the jmx plugin to capture metrics per-node and route them to whatever you use to aggregate metrics.

From: Fred Habash <fm...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 9:38 AM
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org" <us...@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Measuring Cassandra Metrics at a Sessions/Connection Levels