Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/09 21:23:40 UTC

Best practice for writing reporting mojos?

Hey Everyone (especially maybe  Vincent, Dennis or Lukas),

What is the best practice for writing a Maven Plugin that has a reporting mojo?

Is there a good simple example I can copy?

What should it do if invoked directly from the CLI, esp w.r.t. the skin?

Here's what I've developed so far

https://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/branches/stephenconnolly/versions-maven-plugin/src/main/java/org/codehaus/mojo/versions/SimpleReport.java

This is somewhat styled after project-info-reports-maven-plugin in how
it works w.r.t. CLI and the skin... I guess I'm wondering if this is
the way I _should_ be doing things, or is there a reporting mojo
that's recent and actually uses Doxia!

-Stephen