Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@tresys.com> on 2019/03/08 22:42:43 UTC

Travis auto build/test failed - but I can't figure out why. Was: Fw: Failed: mbeckerle/incubator-daffodil#101 (daffodil-2092 - 0972ac9)

So I pushed a change and created a PR. https://github.com/apache/incubator-daffodil/pull/194

I got back a TravisCI failure. But when I review the log (which is HUGE), I can't see why it is failing.

sbt test, sbt it:test, and ratCheck all pass.

The "[error]" tagged lines all look to be expected from negative it:test that are specifically creating errors. I see those when I run sbt it:test on my local machine.

So I can't see where the TravisCI failure is coming from.

The change set for this PR is pretty darn small, and is about diagnostics so should have zero performance impact.

Any insights appreciated.

...mike beckerle

Tresys

________________________________
Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
As much as a pain SBT can be sometimes, I personally find it way better
than Maven. It just takes some getting used to. We also have a fairly
complex and unique SBT config so converting that all to Maven would
probably not be an easy effort. There is the benefit that more people
are familiar with Maven, so maybe it would easy the ability for new
people to get started? Maybe an alternative is to add a cheat sheet for
common SBT commands we use?

I think I'd personally prefer that the effort be spent on trying to
resolve the issues with IntelliJ. I'm not too familiar with it but I'd
be happy to take a look at it. Are there any tips/steps to reproducing
the issues you're seeing?

- Steve

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@tresys.com>.
Apologies. Nevermind. As usual, pilot error.