Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "McMullin, Gregg E." <GR...@saic.com> on 2005/12/20 16:34:47 UTC

-H wsdl2java option and enumerations

Hi:

 I've been using the -H option when running the wsdl2java tool.  I've
noticed that not all beans have _Helper.java classes generated for
them.  Specifically, it does not appear to work for enumerations.

For example the following schema/wsdl

    <xsd:simpleType name="DataRepresentation">
      <xsd:annotation>
        <xsd:documentation>Supported values</xsd:documentation>
      </xsd:annotation>
      <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
        <xsd:enumeration value="spatial"/>
        <xsd:enumeration value="time"/>
        <xsd:enumeration value="point"/>
        <xsd:enumeration value="profile"/>
      </xsd:restriction>
    </xsd:simpleType>

produces only a bean named DataRepresentation.java

Besides producing the "serialization/deserialization" info internal
to the DataRepresentation bean, it also has serialization/deserialization
issues at runtime.  I'm using 1.2.1, but have tried with 1.3 with the
same results.  I'm currently also using the -T 1.3 option.  Any ideas?

     thanks,

       Gregg