Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christoph Klocker <e0...@student.tuwien.ac.at> on 2007/05/20 13:26:49 UTC

Dynamic File Generation

Hi,

I am working on a project based on cocoon. Now I am a little bit stuck how to
solve following problem.

I will have several users who can define multiple xml-sources (urls, maybe
with request parameters), which I want to aggregate into one xml-source.

So I would query for each user the database, what xml-sources this user has
defined. So I would get a result-set of n urls. Now my problem, how can I
implement this into my sitemap, that there is a loop through of this result
set and aggregation of the underlying xml-sources.

thanx

Re: Dynamic File Generation

Posted by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi>.
Christoph Klocker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a project based on cocoon. Now I am a little bit stuck how to
> solve following problem.
>
> I will have several users who can define multiple xml-sources (urls, maybe
> with request parameters), which I want to aggregate into one xml-source.
>
> So I would query for each user the database, what xml-sources this user has
> defined. So I would get a result-set of n urls. Now my problem, how can I
> implement this into my sitemap, that there is a loop through of this result
> set and aggregation of the underlying xml-sources.

One solution:
1. Generate xinclude expressions with jx from the list of urls that you
  obtained with flow.
2. Process these xincludes with the XIncludeTransformer to insert the
content into your xml source.

> thanx

Andre H. Juffer              | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi
The Biocenter and            | WWW: www.biochem.oulu.fi/Biocomputing/
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
University of Oulu, Finland  | Phone: +358-8-553 1161