Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Sam Nilsson <sa...@servingpeace.com> on 2004/11/11 06:29:12 UTC

SA rule for Sincere Help Needed?

Hello,

I'm running Spamassassin 3.0.1 and I received the following spam today.
I'm sure that I've seen the "This letter may come to you as a
surprise..." line a few times before, so I was surprised that SA didn't
seem to tag it with a rule specific to that.

I know that you have all seen this tagline as well. I'm pretty new to SA
and would appreciate hearing how your SA servers are blocking this one.

again v3.0.1

Thanks for the help!
- Sam Nilsson

From: Stephen  Bash

This letter may come to you as a surprise due to the
fact that we have not yet met. I have to say that I
have no intentions of causing you any pains so i
decided to contact you through this medium .
As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for
me, because, I believe everyone will die someday.
My name is Stephen  Bash, a merchant in Dubai, in the
U.A.E. I have been diagnosed with prostate and
esophageal Cancer that was discovered very late
due to my laxity in caring for my health. It has
defiled all form of medicine and right now, I have
only about a few months to live according to medical
experts.