Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel de Almeida Alvares <da...@techie.com> on 2001/05/16 15:08:49 UTC

Creating WAP sites

Hi,
My name is Daniel and I live in Brazil.
I have a web site using JSP and Servlets. It runs on Apache with Tomcat and
mySQL database.
I am planning to create an extension of this site using WML (Wap
Technology). I would like to how can I deploy the WML pages using the
technology above ?
Is it possible to create "forms" with WML that acesses my Servlets ????

Regards and thanks.

Daniel
_______________________
Daniel de Almeida Alvares
Santos - SP - Brasil
daniel.alvares@techie.com

Re: Creating WAP sites

Posted by Arnaud Dostes - NTI <ad...@nti-sa.com>.
Sure, i've done it

Instead of having your servlets or jsp outputting html or xml in
out.println(""); have it output wml and don't forget to change the
content-type to text/wml
About forms, they're really simple, but I forgot the syntax, wml is very
basic, you won't have trouble making them.
I recommend you get a wap browser (download.com is a good start) to test
your servlets/jsp
Keep in mind that there is no client code whatsoever, everything is executed
server side

cheers, AD

SV: Creating WAP sites

Posted by Mobic <to...@mobic.com>.
One way is to create another set of jsp files, where the static part is wml
instead of html.

Forms can be created similar as with html, you just have to understand the
wml tags to be able to do this.

Tore
www.mobic.com