Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rob Allen <si...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/10 17:53:56 UTC

Axis SOAPFault/DetailEntry problem

Hello,

I have a question regarding Axis 1.1 and the way it
creates detail entries in the fault section. From what
I can tell by looking at the SOAP 1.1 and 1.2
specifications, I should be able to create a detail
entry that looks something like this....

<detail>
  <CorrelationID>138726151076368509961</CorrelationID>
</detail>

However, when I use Axis it creates a detail entry
like this:
<detail>
  <CorrelationID />
  <string>138726151076369687680</string>
</detail>

Where does the element named "string" come from?

According to the 1.2 spec...
http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP/#faultdetailentry
"Each detail entry MAY have any number of element
information item children "

However, this appears to be impossible using Axis. Am
I missing something?

An easy way to reproduce this is to modify the
\axis-1_1\test\saaj\TestSOAPFaults.java program like
this:

Change line 26....
  d.addDetailEntry(factory.createName("Hello"));

To this....

d.addDetailEntry(factory.createName("Hello")).addTextNode("foo");

And then add this after line 35, at the end of the
method to print out the xml...
  System.out.println(xml);

The output will look like this....

   <detail>
    <Hello xmlns=""/>
    <string>foo</string>
   </detail>

Though I would expect it to look like this...

   <detail>
    <Hello>foo</Hello>
   </detail>

Any help would be appreciated.