Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2007/05/08 00:51:29 UTC

Re: svn commit: r535319 - in /db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client: am/Clob.java am/ClobLocatorInputStream.java am/ClobLocatorOutputStream.java am/ClobLocatorReader.java am/ClobLocatorWriter.java net/NetCursor.java

On 5/4/07, rhillegas@apache.org <rh...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: rhillegas
> Date: Fri May  4 09:32:39 2007
> New Revision: 535319

> Log:
> DERBY-2604: Commit Naryayan's ClobLocatorWork_v1.diff, adding locator support to clobs.
>
> Added:
>    db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client/am/ClobLocatorInputStream.java   (with props)
>    db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client/am/ClobLocatorOutputStream.java   (with props)
>    db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client/am/ClobLocatorReader.java   (with props)
>    db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client/am/ClobLocatorWriter.java   (with props)
> Modified:
>    db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client/am/Clob.java
>    db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client/net/NetCursor.java

After this check-in, our nightly build sees two new SANITY problems:
*** Failure in buildZip.txt
         [java] SANITY >>> /org/apache/derby/client/am/ClobLocatorReader.class
         [java] SANITY >>>
/org/apache/derby/client/am/ClobLocatorInputStream.class

There is usage of SanityManager.ASSERT without required if
(SanityManager) blocks.
See what Andrew did for revision 533876 on how to address these:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client/am/BlobLocatorInputStream.java?r1=533268&r2=533876&diff_format=h

Thx,
Myrna

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On 5/8/07, V Narayanan <V....@sun.com> wrote:

> There has been quite a few reports on minor javadoc errors and build
> problems that go unnoticed since people are kind to fix them and commit
> them then and there.

I think in general, that is fine for minor, easy-to-do, one-off things. :-)
But, your approach to address them in a more structured manner is good too. Thx!

Myrna

Posted by V Narayanan <V....@Sun.COM>.

Myrna van Lunteren wrote On 05/08/07 04:21,:

> On 5/4/07, rhillegas@apache.org <rh...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Author: rhillegas
>> Date: Fri May  4 09:32:39 2007
>> New Revision: 535319

>> Log:
>> DERBY-2604: Commit Naryayan's ClobLocatorWork_v1.diff, adding locator
>> support to clobs.
>>
>> Added:
>>
>> db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client/am/ClobLocatorInputStream.java
>> (with props)
>>
>> db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client/am/ClobLocatorOutputStream.java
>> (with props)
>>
>> db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client/am/ClobLocatorReader.java
>> (with props)
>>
>> db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client/am/ClobLocatorWriter.java
>> (with props)
>> Modified:
>>    db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client/am/Clob.java
>>
>> db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client/net/NetCursor.java
>>

> After this check-in, our nightly build sees two new SANITY problems:
> *** Failure in buildZip.txt
>          [java] SANITY >>>
> /org/apache/derby/client/am/ClobLocatorReader.class
>          [java] SANITY >>>
> /org/apache/derby/client/am/ClobLocatorInputStream.class
>
> There is usage of SanityManager.ASSERT without required if
> (SanityManager) blocks.
> See what Andrew did for revision 533876 on how to address these:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/java/client/org/apache/derby/client/am/BlobLocatorInputStream.java?r1=533268&r2=533876&diff_format=h
>

> Thx,
> Myrna

These are due to the patch submitted by me for Clob locator related work.

There has been quite a few reports on minor javadoc errors and build
problems that go unnoticed since people are kind to fix them and commit
them then and there.

I intend to raise a JIRA issue with the topic as

"Fix build problems related to locator work" as a sub-task of
Derby-208(The parent-task of locator work) and keep submitting all
patches related to fixing build problems there.

I also will raise a JIRA issue with topic as

"Fix Javadoc issues related to locator work" and submit patches that
result in javadoc prolems related to locator work there.

These JIRA issues will be kept open as long as DERBY-208 is open I will
keep submitting patches to that issue as and when problems are reported
and keep requesting for commits on them.

In that way I think I can submit patches and also these problems will be
documented somwhere.

Narayanan