Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Sawyers, Brandon W" <bs...@pc.edu> on 2008/04/14 16:02:33 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_userdir issue

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with mod_userdir and was hoping someone could help
me.

I have a centos 4.6 machine that is acting as a file/web server for my
users. I have tied it into our AD with winbind and samba for smb access
and I'm using mod_userdir to allow the users to host content from their
home directories. The machine itself is a dell desktop that has been
converted for this purpose. I have the /home directory living on a
separate hard drive from the rest of the file system. It gets mounted
from /etc/fstab.

The issue I'm having is for one (he's the only one that has complained
;) user. When I try to go to his webpage at
http://my.webserver.com/~bob/ I get the following errors:

accesslog

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [14/Apr/2008:09:44:01 -0400] "GET /~bob/ HTTP/1.1"
302 278

errorlog

[Mon Apr 14 09:41:15 2008] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xx] File does not
exist: /var/www/html/~bob

The really weird thing I'm seeing happen is that when I console in to
the server and cd to the /home directory and issue an ls -l, his page
will start showing up when I try to access it, but only for a short
time. After a while, it goes missing again.

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [14/Apr/2008:09:47:19 -0400] "GET /~bob/ HTTP/1.1"
200 17781

I'm attaching my httpd.conf as well.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks for your help!