Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com> on 2011/01/26 00:45:00 UTC

[VOTE] release deltacloud 0.2.0

Hi all,

I just uploaded a release candidate for Deltacloud 0.2.0. The rc is
available from http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/0.2.0/rc1/

Please vote on whether this should become the official 0.2.0 release by
Friday, 2011-01-25 16:00 PDT (Saturday 2011-01-26 0:00 UTC, see
http://bit.ly/g5HhoD for other local times)

Overview of the high-level changes in this release:

  * Dynamically select driver through the X-Deltacloud-Driver HTTP header;
    allow passing in driver-specific endpoint with the
    X-Deltacloud-Provider header
  * New 'load_balancers' collection, supported for EC2 and GoGrid
  * Allow creation/deletion of blobs (S3, CloudFiles, Azure)
  * Return HTTP status 405 when trying to perform an action on a instance
    that is not available
  * Drivers
    + EC2
      - security_group and public_ip features for instance creation
      - switched to aws gem
    + GoGrid: now have two hardware profiles
    + RHEV-M: completely rewritten; now uses RHEV-M REST API, not Powershell
    + Mock:
      - support 'keys' collection
      - switch to storage-only driver by setting provider to 'storage'

I will update the website and docs to reflect those changes in time for
the official release.

David

Re: [VOTE] release deltacloud 0.2.0

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

I'll take a look when I get a few minutes, and post a vote

Carl.

Posted by Eric Woods <wo...@gmail.com>.
+1 for release (non-binding).  Thanks.

- Eric W.

Posted by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 12:54 +0100, Michal Fojtik wrote:
> On 26/01/11 13:01 +0200, marios@redhat.com wrote:
> >+1 for release -
> >
> >minor point and at risk of being pedantic, you probably want to
> >update server.rb to set the api version to '0.2.0' ( I tried http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/0.2.0/rc1/deltacloud-core-0.2.0.tgz
> >and version reported in xml and html as 0.1.0).
>
> That's a good point marios!
>
> Also we should have some Changelog file where we can put the points you
> mentioned bellow David.

I intend to put that up on the website. I'll also put it into a NEWS
file in the source repo; but since we don't build anything from the
toplevel repo, only from client/ and server/ that file wouldn't show up
in any of the artifacts.

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com>.

Posted by "marios@redhat.com" <ma...@redhat.com>.
+1 for release -

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com>.
Hi,

+1 for release.

Successful Hudson build: http://bit.ly/gijtog

  -- Michal

On Jan 26, 2011, at 12:45 AM, David Lutterkort wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just uploaded a release candidate for Deltacloud 0.2.0. The rc is
> available from http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/0.2.0/rc1/
>
> Please vote on whether this should become the official 0.2.0 release by
> Friday, 2011-01-25 16:00 PDT (Saturday 2011-01-26 0:00 UTC, see
> http://bit.ly/g5HhoD for other local times)
>
> Overview of the high-level changes in this release:
>
>  * Dynamically select driver through the X-Deltacloud-Driver HTTP header;
>    allow passing in driver-specific endpoint with the
>    X-Deltacloud-Provider header
>  * New 'load_balancers' collection, supported for EC2 and GoGrid
>  * Allow creation/deletion of blobs (S3, CloudFiles, Azure)
>  * Return HTTP status 405 when trying to perform an action on a instance
>    that is not available
>  * Drivers
>    + EC2
>      - security_group and public_ip features for instance creation
>      - switched to aws gem
>    + GoGrid: now have two hardware profiles
>    + RHEV-M: completely rewritten; now uses RHEV-M REST API, not Powershell
>    + Mock:
>      - support 'keys' collection
>      - switch to storage-only driver by setting provider to 'storage'
>
> I will update the website and docs to reflect those changes in time for
> the official release.
>
> David

Michal Fojtik
Software Engineer, Deltacloud API project
http://www.deltacloud.org
mfojtik@redhat.com

Re: [VOTE][CANCELLED] release deltacloud 0.2.0

Posted by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 10:38 -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2011, at 5:59 PM, David Lutterkort wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 15:45 -0800, David Lutterkort wrote:
> >> I just uploaded a release candidate for Deltacloud 0.2.0. The rc is
> >> available from http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/0.2.0/rc1/
> >
> > Because of the issue that Marios spotted, I uploaded a RC2; that can be
> > found at
> >
> >        http://people.apache.org/~lutter/deltacloud/0.2.0/rc2/
> >
> > David
> >

> Most likely best to cancel the prev vote and start a new one...

Ok .. this vote is hereby cancelled.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com>.